Friday, March 19, 2010

He's a (New) Star

Those who actually succeed in life... They just happen to be born with the magic ticket called "talent." If you don't have it, you can either accept or deny that fact until you die. That's your only choice.
Tohru Adachi
I'm really lucky. I've been really lucky. At some point, I figured my residence on Easy Street was reward for my natural talent and hard work, but that has since been wholly proven false. The most important lesson I learned from art school was that I had no real talent-- which was fine, since the other lesson learned was that I had no real passion for it either. And hard work? I've never really known what that was.

I always thought that life would only ever got harder. One year ago I was prepared for working life to be ten times worse than student life, so I prepared furiously, making sacrifices in my own hopes and dreams as well as my relationships with others. Do I regret it? In some cases, definitely. But maybe that's why my life is so easy now.

I tried so hard to mitigate the trials and tribulations of adult life, and I succeeded in almost every way. But was it worth it? Is my reward for making my life boring a very easy and boring life?

Maybe I'm just not lucky enough.
Luck favors the prepared.
Louis Pasteur

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.