- Different animations and effects for chip death and for focus death (not enough remaining health to focus) for more immediate feedback of "why did I just die?" and less confusion.
- Alternate "Reversal" message given for wakeup focus attacks and reversal backdashes to encourage players to learning more advanced tactics such as backdash punishing OS's.
- Reversals don't need to break focus. I've tried to focus a couple too many reversal upballs and headbutts... it's a very strange rule seemingly to created to discourage charging focus as okizeme, which is a bad idea already for plenty of other reasons.
- Change the button configuration screen to something that doesn't take 10 years, and also to something that Japanese players can come to America and understand.
- Allow for choosing of character and color BEFORE a match is set up in Championship mode a la VF-- it's blind pick anyway, right? Cut down on the few times of accidental Abel / Ryu selection because of one too many mashed A inputs. Of course, Ultra selection is offered after the matchup is revealed.
- More context-sensitive playback of rival music, instead of ALWAYS playing P2 characters' music every time:
- In Versus, play after one player has a win streak of 5 at least
- In Championship Mode, play during championship match (each player hears his opponents' music)
Medium kicks-- Currently, back+MK is the target combo starter, neutral MK is the AA, and toward+MK is the stepkick. Any change to this would really be great:
- If the TC kick and the stepkick were switched, Chun would be able to move forward while maintaining back charge.
- If the TC kick and the AA were switched, Chun would be able to AA long-range Rufus dives and immediately pressure with fireballs while he's resetting.
- If stomps were were activated with both down+ and d/f+MK, they'd be much more reliable for use in combos while j.mk would still be usable while maintaining charge with d/b.